Thumbnail Filmstrip of Sidewinder 46er Featherweight 2 Tone Yellow RCA Images
*Sidewinder 46er RCA edition
*This RCA motor housing was designed around a Critical Universal battery pack, but fits with most battery packs I have tried, such as Musotoku, Ink Claw, and Papa.
*This will also work fine with a right-angle RCA cord.*The position of the battery makes the machine’s balance point much more forward, like a pen.
On the Critical Shorty battery, you can expect around 3 hours of serious tattooing.
Featherweight models weigh 4.4 oz., Brass (Standard): 6.04 oz.
With Critical Shorty battery pack, 5.77 oz (featherweight) /7.4 oz (brass)
With Critical Standard sized battery: 6.37 oz (Featherweight) / 8 oz (Brass)
*Motor is wired for the sharper hit. (If using a clipcord, that would be "positive up")
- Wider springs for more durability.
- Large, easy to turn, hardened steel stroke wheel. -Has pre-set stroke range and middle timing mark to prevent the machine from getting too far out of tune when experimenting.
- Hardened alloy steel impact pin. -positioned towards the rear of the frame to help with noise
- Large cam with precise timing mark. -allows for easier, and more precise impact alignment checks
- Smooth, easy clamping tube vice.
- Forward weight distribution for better ergonomics.
- Beautiful brass armature bar, perfectly balanced for a strong, confident, and consistent hit.
- O-ring groove in the bar allows for a more silent option (though will reduce performance as well)
- Reliable Mabuchi motor - because they run forever without losing consistency.
- Standard (brass frame construction): 6oz
- Featherweight (7075 aluminum frame): 4.4 oz