Thumbnail Filmstrip of Sidewinder 46er (batch 2) 2 Tone Chocolate Bar & Brass Images
Now on the Batch 2 46er: For this batch, I opened up the geometry to give it a feel closer to the V4 rather than the V5 or V6.
It has a longer working stroke to have the same punch. This allows for more effortless lining without being abusive.
The 46er is a culmination of my versions 4-6 Sidewinders, remastered and enhanced to perfection.
This machine features a very large stroke adjustment range that can suite single needle work, all the way up to the largest liners and mag shaders.
This machine is very strong off the tip with a great follow-through. Its number one purpose is as a strong, precise, off the tip liner; though It has proven to be much more capable. I allso love this machine for most shading and color packing techniques.
*Please use STANDARD NEEDLES!!
*Not intnded for cartridges.
- Wider springs for more durability.
- Large, easy to turn, hardened steel stroke wheel. -Has pre-set stroke range and middle timing mark to prevent the machine from getting too far out of tune when experimenting.
- Hardened alloy steel impact pin. -positioned towards the rear of the frame to help with noise
- Large cam with precise timing mark. -allows for easier, and more precise impact alignment checks
- Smooth, easy clamping tube vice.
- Forward weight distribution for better ergonomics.
- Beautiful Steel armature bar, perfectly balanced for a strong, confident, and consistent hit.
- Reliable Mabuchi motor - because they run forever without losing consistency.
- Standard (brass frame construction): 6oz
- Featherweight (7075 aluminum frame): 4.4 oz
Recommended voltage range: 4 - 6.5 volts
Approximate stroke range: 2 - 4mm (keep in mind the stoke goes up more due to the springs. The stroke of a Sidewinder cannot be compared to other rotaries as the hit is completely different)
Polarity: Positive up - spins motor clockwise - slaps harder, ideal for large grouping liners
Positive down - spins motor counterclockwise -slightly passive hit, ideal for shading and fine line